Sunday 24 September 2017

Under the Weather in Autumn colours

Hello lovely peeps


Today's card features Under the Weather from Lili of the Valley.

First I stamped the image onto watercolour card with Black Archival Ink. To do the sky I painted lots of water on and then scribbled Faded Jeans Distress Marker onto a piece of acetate and picked up the colour with a damp paintbrush.

Once that was dry (I used a heat gun for speed) I watercoloured the image in with Fired Brick, Ground Espresso, Antique Linen and Mustard Seed Distress Markers.


After trimming it down a little I layered the image up on Santoro Willow papers and some sinamay ribbon (all my paper edges were coloured with Ground Espresso Distress Ink). 

For the leaf embellishments I coloured some more watercolour card with Forest Moss and Fired Brick Distress Markers (scribbled onto my non-stick mat and spritzed with water). I punched out the leaves using a Woodware punch and drew in veins with a brown pencil   


These were added in the bottom right corner with some buttons from my stash


For the bottom left corner I stamped just the flower section of the stamp onto the back of the remaining scrap of watercolour card a few times.  After colouring them to match the main image I fussy cut around the flowers/stems and glued them on so they look like they are coming off the same branch.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Allsorts #434 Things with wings
Deep Ocean Challenge #164 goodbye summer
Get Creative Challenges #62 Autumn/Fall
One Crazy Stamper  Fall/Halloween
Creatalicious Challenges #123 Anything Goes with optional leaves 
 The Crafty Addicts #40 Anything Goes opt Use a brad or button


  Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Katrina, the colouring is wonderful I love the fabulous sky !
Hugs Kaz x

Fikreta said...

Adorable card

Diane Louise J said...

Lovely and cute x

Kathleen said...

Very pretty card, Katrina, love the image and the pastel colours, super background too.
Thank you for joining our 'Things with wings' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Hema said...

Hi Katrina.....this is so lovely and loved the coloring! TFS! Good Luck!!

Hema-DT@http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.in/

Ellibelle said...

What a cute card and wonderful coloring. Love the image!
Thanks so much for joining us in our things with wings challenge at Allsorts!

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with creatalicious Rachel Dt