Monday 24 July 2017

Bunnies Post Box for LOTV on New Release Day

Hello lovely peeps


Hooray! It's release day - the lovely new Lili of the Valley Christmas stamps are available now on the website, with some special prices for 48 hours.

For my final inspiration card I have used Bunnies Post Box.
Aren't they sweet with their armfuls of cards?

After printing the digi version off onto Super Smooth 250gsm card, I die-cut the card using a large Sizzix tag die, then coloured the image in with Promarkers (named) and Graph'Its (numbers)
fur: ivory, sandstone, caramel
snow: ice grey 1-3
post box: poppy, crimson
tree: forest green, bright green, 8250
blue scarf: cool aqua, duck egg
tree:  caramel, 3250
robin: sandstone, caramel, poppy 

The tree looked a bit odd ending  an inch from the top of my tag, so I extended it a bit by adding a pencil line


then colouring it in with my markers and finishing off with a black fineliner pen


The bottom half of my 6x6 card is covered with white card embossed with a snow texture embossing folder and the top half is a paper from the retired Twas the Night 8x8 pad (now available in digi format at Nitwit Collections)


To make the card for my stars I dabbed some Faded Jeans and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks onto my craft mat and spritzed with water before dragging some Sheena Stamping Card through it. I dried with a heat tool and repeated a few times to get some texture.


I edged the stars with Pumice Stone Distress Ink, added little white pearls and then arranged them with some die-cut snowflakes around the tag. The sentiment was stamped with words from the Christmas Wishes clear set (now available as digis)


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) We're seeing stars
The Ribbon Girls July any image 
C.R.A.F.T. #425 Christmas
Cut it Up #126 Christmas in July
Craft-Dee BowZ  CDB51 Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow
Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - Anything Goes
As You Like It Challenge pearls or gems and why - pearls - I'm not really a bling person so I prefer the matt finish of pearls, they are more subtle

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you will join me again tomorrow for Throwback Tuesday :o)
Katrina x

9 comments:

Valerija said...

So beautiful card!

Fikreta said...

very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous as always x

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Wow! I love every element of this gorgeous card. You put so much effort into every detail and it really shines!

Thanks for joining us for our Christmas in July challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Annette said...

It's fab Katrina, and I like the tip about the tree. I've done that before too, and it's great as otherwise the end is left hanging!
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Larissa said...

Super cute card! The image is adorable and I love the pearls on the stars, so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at As you like it.

Hugs,
Larissa

Esther said...

Beautiful card! I love that sweet image.
Thanks for joining Cut It Up this week!

Chris said...

Fabulous card Katrina, sweet image and a beautiful design. Thanks for playing along with our July Challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin’.
Chris
X

Gail said...

What a pretty card! I love the image and your layout is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ! --Gail