Thursday 30 March 2017

Robots Rule for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps


Here's the last of the cards I made for Leonie's Typography launch - I saved the fun one til last :)

To do the robot's head and body I stamped some of the frames from the Banners and Frames set. They were a bit too wide for what I wanted so I stamped off the edge of the card and stamped the extra ends on.


I used Versamark ink with Pewter embossing powder on two different shades of grey card


For the robot legs and arms I embossed the legs from the Ragdoll stamp set and cut them out. Because the stamps are polymer they are easy to bend.


I attached the arms and legs at the back with tape


and then glued the robot onto layers of  paper from the Wild at Heart 8x8 pad by Trimcraft. There's a little circle in the Banners and Frames set that I used for the eyes, and I used one of the buttons in the Ragdoll set for the 'screws'

To do the lettering I covered some card with black embossing powder and heated it


then cut it up and placed it over the relevant letters on the Typography dies before running through my Ebosser.


I finished off with some gears that I die-cut using the 'Cogs and Gears' dies from Sara's Just For Men collection.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:- 
Southern Girls 156 Use die-cut
One Crazy Stamper  Anything Goes
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge 20 Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #322 Anything Goes
Love to Scrap  #95 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

6 comments:

Anne said...

This is SO clever Katrina, best yet!!

Anne s

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Your Robot is so cool. Nice work here. Love it. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 322 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Carla's Cards said...

Thank you for sharing with us over here at the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Carla DT for:-  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Maria Valente said...

Beautiful! Thank you for plying along at Penny's Challenges.
Mary (DT member)

Jacqueline Muller said...

Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Jacqueline DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge