Sunday 7 June 2015

Eggs-tra special

Hello Peeps.

Today I'm introducing the third and final new paper pack from Lili of the Valley, Sunny Side Up.
(For the chicken body I used a paper from Solids - Always and Forever, but the rest are from the new paper pad.)

When I saw the chicken papers in this pack I decided immediately that I wanted to make a chicken hanging. That was the easy part - I then had to spend a couple of hours tracking down suitable shapes on the internet (since I can't draw for toffee). Thank you to Andrea Gourley for the wing shapes and the inspiration behind my idea.

 To save you the hassle, I have done up a template which you can download if you want to make one yourself (right click on the picture below and choose 'Save Image As...')
The 'wattle' is actually an upside down heart cut with an x-cut die so I can't include it in my template for copyright reason (sorry). As an alternative you could cut out an extra wing in red and cut off one of the scallops.

On my way back from the supermarket, I had another idea for putting her on a card (as you do).
So I've made this today too.

I shrank the template down to about two-thirds the size to cut the shapes this time. For the body I went with plain white card run through a dotty embossing folder. I went over the edges of all the shapes with antique linen distress ink and then hand drew the stitching on with fineliner pens. The eggs are cut from the solids paper pack using a sizzix egg die.
The sentiment was done on my computer.

Challenges:-
 Crafty Catz - STITCHING
Crafts Galore - Anything goes
A gem of a challenge - Something Blue
The Ribbon Girl - Animals
The Paper Shelter - Make it colourful

Well, I have to dash now - the Canadian Grand Prix is on.
Go Lewis !!!


Enjoy your evening,
Katrina x

7 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Totally brilliant Kat! Great use of the papers, and thank you for making me smile. Hugs xx

Sue said...

Kat, this is a really clever and unique card. I absolutely love it. I think your ideas are just fabulous and this card is gorgeous. Such a great idea with the sunnyside up papers...
Sue...xxx

Cards By MI said...

Supersweet looking creation. Lovely design and colours. Thanks for joining our colourful challenge over at The Paper Shelter.
Love n hugs
Marie

Lena said...

Beautiful !! Love the idea !!
 
Thank you for participating in The Paper Shelter Challenge this week!
Good luck !!
Hug Lena

NickScrapShack said...

This looks great! I love the patchwork theme and how you can use up your left over stash. I might CAS this soon!Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Catz.
Hope to see you back soon again!
Nick

Wendy Fraser said...

Such a fab, fun card, love it! Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Lovely funny creation! I love embossed chicken1
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge June "ATG".
Ileanaxx